Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A rose by any other name

The other day, I woke up bleary-eyed and stumbled out into my yard sans-glasses to attend to my pup.  In my semi-blind state, I was startled to look into my yard and notice this:


I have never been so shocked to see one single, 5 foot tall, perfectly coiffed rose.   I had no idea there was even a rose bush planted in the bed.  It had literally sprung up overnight and was now screaming,  "Tah dah! Look at me!" (complete with jazz hands, tap shoes, the whole nine yards)

"Stop and smell the roses."  Such a cliche.  

But this time, I followed that instruction in the most literal sense.  

I stopped.  
And I smelled that rose.  
And it was delightful. 

Nature has a lovely way of surprising us when we least expect it.
Appreciation inspires awe and gratitude.  




"What a wildly wonderful world, God!

    You made it all, with Wisdom at your side,

 made earth overflow with your wonderful creations."

                                                                          Psalm 104:24
                                                                                             The Message (paraphrase)
  













No comments:

Post a Comment